Hardwood floors are traditional, classic, and much loved by those who own them. Whether you are simply exploring hardwood flooring as an option in your new or under-renovation property, or looking for premium walnut, cherry, or oak floors, the experts at DC Floors have your back. We can help you find the flooring material that is right for you, deliver, and install your floor on-time for a great price.
Why Hardwood Floors?
Different consumers choose hardwood floors (often paired with different mats or rugs for color) over other materials (carpet, tile, stone, etc…) for a few different reasons.
• Easy to clean. Wood flooring is wonderfully easy to clean, especially compared to carpet. You can sweep or wipe up instead of breaking out vacuums and steam cleaners.
• Hypoallergenic. Because wood floors don’t trap dust and debris the same way the cloth in carpets does, they are naturally hypoallergenic and can help homes feel less musty when you don’t have time to clean up.
• Durable. With a proper layer of varnish or topcoat, even a cheap pine wood floor can hold up under decades of hard use. Small issues like warping or squeaking are relatively easy to fix. Wood floors also hold their color without fading much better than carpet.
• Changeable. If you get tired of the natural color in your floor you may be able to sand down the wood and apply a different color stain to change it, instead of replacing the entire floor.
• Great for property values. Wood floors can be a major plus when it comes time to selling your home and can add significant property value vs. carpet.
Which Wood Floor is Right for You?
You can’t go wrong with hardwood flooring, but choosing a species of wood and the specific material best suited for your home or business can be difficult if you don’t know where to start. Here are some pointers.
• The Species Makes a Difference. There are many different types of wood available for flooring and they come in a wide variety of prices and colors. Some react very well to stain and others are prized for their natural colors and durability. Expect very different price points and make sure you have samples in-hand before you make your final decision.
• Finished and Unfinished. You can purchase unfinished hardwood flooring and have your wood installed, sanded, and finished on-site, or buy pre-finished wood that has already been varnished in the factory. You may end up with a better result if the wood is unfinished, but pre-finished wood can be used right away after installation.
• Solid and Engineered. Solid hardwood flooring differs engineered wood floors in that solid floors are one piece of wood, end to end. Engineered wood floors, on the other hand, have a high-quality top layer with many laminated, lower-quality levels below. While solid hardwoods can be sanded down and stained many times over their lifetimes, engineered floors are more flexible and offer a great hardwood look at a lower price.
Always Ready to Help
Looking for wood floors but unsure where to start? Call us at to discuss your needs. If you are in the Sacramento County, you can reach us at 916-893-5535. Be sure to check out our page on Folsom Hardwood Flooring and Roseville Hardwood Flooring.
We have a fantastic selection of different hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and ceramic floors available for sale and installation. We look forward to hearing from you!