Tile floors can be so many things: functional, classic, durable, lasting, beautiful... Whether you are simply exploring tile flooring as an option in your new or under-renovation property, or looking for premium granite, marble, ceramic, or Mexican tile, the experts at DC Floors have your back. We have tile flooring sales covering a variety of different materials at great prices with comprehensive installation and service available.
Why Tile Floors?
Different consumers purchase tile for a few different reasons, which include:
- Easy to clean. Tile flooring is naturally moisture and stain resistant, making it easy to clean with a vacuum or brush.
- Hypoallergenic. Health conscious individuals often buy tile floors which do not trap dust and debris the same way the cloth in carpet or rugs does, offering better allergen relief.
- Durable. Tile holds up against hard use in high-traffic areas and can handle heavy loads and impacts before tiles chip or crack.
- Easy to repair. If a tile does crack or chip it is very easy to replace without impacting the other tiles around it.
- Great for property value. A good condition tile floor in the kitchen or bathroom can contribute nicely to your property value, especially when compared to a worn or unfinished floor.
Which Tile Floor is Right for You?
Tile comes in a variety of different materials, each with different price points, pros, and cons to consider. Some of the more common materials include:
- Ceramic. Easy to clean and durable, ceramic is one of the most popular tile materials and is perfect for high-moisture environments. It comes in endless designs, styles, and colors.
- Porcelain. While a bit more difficult to install, porcelain tile looks great and comes in all kinds of different colors and styles with fantastic strength and durability.
- Concrete. It may not sound like a premiere flooring material, but these days concrete tiles are made to mimic the appearance of other materials while providing superior strength and durability.
- Terra Cotta. An ancient and long-lasting material dating back to pre-history, terra cotta lends a rustic red look but should be sealed and finished.
- Marble. Marble is strong and classic with a great pearly-white look. However, it can be difficult to clean and will need to be sealed for protection against stains and discoloration.
- Slate. An exotic material for flooring, slate is a bit softer to walk on and lends itself to a unique and beautiful grey/brown floor when laid out and mortared correctly.
Always Ready to Help
If you need assistance shopping for tile or planning for your next big flooring project, DC Floors is ready to help. Call us at (916) 893-5535 to discuss your needs. We have a fantastic selection of different tile, laminate, vinyl, and wood floors available for sale and installation and we would be happy to assist you any time.