Accidents happen to everyone and even if you take great care of your floors, eventually wear and tear will leave a mark and repairs will need to be made. If you have stone floors, carpet, or broken wooden tiles, repairs may seem straightforward. But fewer people know how to easily repair broken interlocking laminate flooring. Fortunately, the flooring experts at DC Floors have years of experience repairing all types of flooring mishaps and are ready to help.
Durable Construction—Tricky Repairs
Laminate flooring, whatever the color or style, is built with four separate layers for durability and appearance.
- A flexible backing layer on the bottom for support and moisture absorption
- A high density core layer usually made of fiberboard and resin designed to lend strength and flexibility
- A layer printed with the color and design of your flooring
- A durable surface layer with a clear protective finish, designed to protect the layers below, resist stains, and lend the flooring a bright sheen
These layers are what make the flooring such a great solution for so many consumers, and such a tricky material to repair. Because each layer is different, you can’t simply sand the material down and add new varnish, and because the different planks interlock without any exposed points, you can’t simply pull the broken portion away. Laminate repair requires different techniques instead.
If you simply have minor scuffs, scratches, or cracks in the floor, our team can usually repair these defects in one visit using a filler compound. Once polished down, this filler matches the rest of the laminate surface.
If the damage is more severe, compromising a greater portion of the floor, the affected planks will need to be replaced to repair the laminate flooring. Because the different planks interlock, this will require our team to carefully cut the piece with a circular saw and work it free. A replacement plank is then slightly modified and glued into place. And don’t worry if you don’t have a replacement handy. We can match your flooring material and get you the piece you need.
If you are looking to replace or add underlayment layer below your floor, our team is happy to help. We have a great selection of flooring underlayment materials perfect for protecting your floor from moisture and dampening sound.
We do much more than just laminate floor repairs, including:
- Custom hardwood inlays to add unique flair to your rooms
- Staircase construction
- Unique wooden medallions, borders, and designs
- Hardwood floors, both finished and unfinished
- Vinyl flooring sales, installation, and repair
- Carpet and carpet square installation and repair
- Tile floor and stone floor installation and repair
Always There for You
You don’t need to accept broken flooring or just live with it. And you don’t have to attempt repairs that you aren’t comfortable with. If you have broken laminate flooring in your home, call the experts at DC Floors. If you are in Sacramento County, reach us at 916-893-5535. No matter what condition your floors are in, we can offer fantastic repair work and quality advice. Feel free to drop by and visit us for a no-pressure consultation and we’ll show you our stock and help you however we can.